Merry Christmas, Sarah Brown!

This Christmas was so fun! I got to go home and spend it in Idaho with my family…plus Richard got to come with me!! Like I have mentioned before, his parents had moved to North Carolina right after Thanksgiving. After we had started talking, after he tole me that he continued to explain that he wasn’t sure what was going to happen, family wise, for Christmas. He wasn’t sure who was staying¬†home and who was going to in-laws… I had jokingly invited him to do Christmas¬†with my family. I didn’t even know this kid! What was I doing?!

But things had changed, and because we were actually engaged, it wouldn’t be weird to bring him home for Christmas. My family loved him already (some of them probably more than they actually love me), so they were excited to have him! The Saturday before Christmas, we got to tag along with Shannon and Jesse to come to the Dixon family Christmas party. That party was absolute madness…such as most Dixon events are. There was so many people, so much food, and so much laughter. It was great!

The next couple days were lazy and full of family. We spent Christmas Eve with my parents in their ward. We sat with the boys while Mom and Dad performed in the program. It was so beautiful – full of the spirit and love of Heavenly Father. After church, we went over and spent some time with Richard’s siblings. We walked in and there were so many kiddos screaming “Uncle Ricky!! Aunt Sarah!!” (They started calling me Aunt Sarah even before Thanksgiving. I’m so excited to inherit all of these cute little munchkins as nieces and nephews!!) We were attacked with giggles and hugs. It was so fun to spend that time with his family too. We did have Christmas Eve plans with my family, so a few hours later, we went back over to my parents for Christmas traditions. Pizza and Charlie Brown in the sun room on the big screen with pjs and pictures after.

Rachel and Nick left for the night, so after goodbyes beds were made downstairs and I helped mom with breakfast prep for the next morning (I guess Richard helped too. Hehe.) After that was all taken care of all 5 remaining kids went downstairs. Growing up, we had this tradition of all sleeping in the same room Christmas Eve night and it’s stuck. We all slept in the tv room downstairs… Okay, there wasn’t much sleeping… It was a late night of giggles.

The next morning, we didn’t wake up until 6!!! It was very weird. We spent the morning opening presents, playing with our new toys, and eating a yummy breakfast. Unfortunately, Richard had to be back to work the next day so we started packing and filling the car up with our stuff. Dad is a wonderful person and volunteered to take us back to Midvale. I was wanting to spend the whole day with Richard, so I didn’t want to go back to my apartment quite yet. Haha.

We got back to his apartment safely a few hours later. We gave hugs, said goodbye to dad, then turned on a Christmas movie and ate left over treats that Mom had made us take home. It was a fabulous first Christmas with my sweetheart and I can’t wait for all the other ones we get to have together in the future!!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *